HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PRESENTATION
1. Start by clicking the blue “Download PowerPoint” button in the above section. The file will automatically download to your computer.
2. Open the downloaded file using Microsoft PowerPoint. You can do this by clicking on the file as it shows up in the bottom bar of your browser (seen below), or you can go to your “Downloads” folder on your computer and open it from there.
3. You’ll now see the PowerPoint presentation. All of the slides are shown in a column on the left side of your screen and are numbered in order.
4. Slides 1 through 8 will remain the same – do not edit these. You will be able to customize slides 9 through 14 of the presentation. In the list of slides on the left side, scroll down to slide 9 and click on it once to display it larger.
5. On this slide, you’ll be able to add your own local pictures. First, you’ll want to delete the placeholder text box. Click the border of the text box, and then press the Delete key on your keyboard. Make sure that the pointer is not inside the text box, but rather on the border of the text box. If the pointer is not on the border, pressing Delete will delete the text inside the text box and not the entire text box.
6. You will now add your own local photos (make sure any photos you want to use are already saved on your computer). Go to the menu at the top of your screen and click on Insert. In the menu that appears below it, click the Pictures icon, and then click Picture From File in the small menu that appears.
7. A window will pop up where you can navigate to where you have your photos saved on your computer. Find the photo you want to add to the slide, click on it once to select it, and then click the Insert button at the bottom of the window.
8. The window will automatically close and you’ll now see your photo on the PowerPoint slide. You can drag the photo around the slide to reposition it. If you want to resize it, click on the corner of the image and drag it smaller or larger.
Repeat steps 6-8 if you’d like to add more photos to this slide.
10. Next, click on slide 10 from the menu on the left side of the screen to display it larger and edit it.
11. You’ll see placeholder text throughout this slide. Click on the text you’d like to edit, and simply type in your local information that you’d like to use.
12. Follow these same editing steps (steps 5-11) for the remaining slides that can be customized, slides 11-14.
13. When you’ve finished making all of your edits, you’ll need to save the PowerPoint presentation. Click File in the menu at the top of your screen. From the dropdown menu that appears, click Save As.
14. The Save As window will appear on your screen. Find the place you’d like to save it on your computer from the options/folders on the left side of the window. In the Save As box, enter a name for your presentation. Click Save in the bottom right corner of the window to finish saving your PowerPoint.
Note: this window may look different depending on what type of computer you’re using. All of these same options will be there, but they may be in a different location in the window.