The Oak Ridge National Lab is a multiprogram research laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
This event was a fundraiser showcasing PHWFF participants with exhibits of fly-tying, casting, and rod building.
Regional Coordinator Russ Ambrose spent the day communicating PHWFF’s mission to the Oak Ridge employees, taking photos, and coordinating the event.
Volunteers from the Johnson City and Knoxville programs demonstrated their fly-tying and casting skills to show the employees what the core programs of PHWFF are, and took the opportunity to explain why we do it.
Sgt. Joseph D. Noe, who won second place in the fly-tying competition last year in the first category, was manning the fly-tying exhibit for the fundraiser.
Ambrose would like to thank all of the staff at the lab for their support in conducting this event and the volunteers who helped. The event was very successful and well received by all.
- Meet the Winners: The 9th Annual Fly Tying Competition
- Pittsburgh and Erie Veterans Spent the Day Fishing Together
- Eric Workman Memorial Musky Tournament Online Auction Open Now
- Cast Your Vote: The 13th Annual Rod Building Competition: Beginners
- John and Suzanne Fall recognized for their Extraordinary Service