On Wednesday June 3, 2020 at 6pm EST, Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing veteran ambassador and professional fly tier SGT Lee Barbee, U.S. Army (ret) of Red,White and Blue Flies broadcasted a virtual fly tying class live on the Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Facebook Page. You can watch the full video below.
He tied the “Skwala Sofa Pillow” – here’s what you need to tie along at home:
- Hook: Partridge K12ST or similar bend
- Thread: Olive Nano Silk
- Tail: bleached elk hair and black goose biot
- Body: Olive floss
- Ribbing: 0.1 mm wire (small wire) in black
- Wing: bleached elk hair
- Legs/antennae: black goose biot
- Hackle: Grizzly dyed olive
Watch past fly tying tutorials here: SGT Lee Barbee’s Fly Tying Library
Interested in joining another PHWFF virtual event?
There are no upcoming events at this time