Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- Purpose. The purpose of this policy is to provide Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. (the “Organization”, PHWFF, we, us, our) policy on the privacy and confidentiality of personal and/or financial information.
- Cancellation. This is the original document.
- Significant Changes. Not applicable.
- 4. Applicability. This policy applies to employees, officers, trustees, consultants, contractors, volunteers or others who hold themselves out to be working for, or in conjunction with, the Organization, including all such personnel affiliated with third parties who have contractual relationships with us, our Participants and our Donors (you, you, yours).
- We will only share your personal and/or financial information:
(1) In order to conduct our mission in an ethical manner.
(2) As required by law.
(3) In an aggregated form such that your identity cannot be determined.
(4) To the extent that you have provided written authorization to us (e.g. Media Release (Consent for Use of Personal Information and Visual Images)).
- We will:
(1) Handle your personal and/or financial information in a confidential manner.
(2) Take reasonable precautions to prevent the unauthorized or accidental dissemination of your personal and/or financial information.
- Authority. The Board formally adopted this policy at the 5 August 2014 meeting.
1. Purpose. The purpose of this document is to provide Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. (the Organization, PHWFF, we, us, our) policy on donor privacy.
2. Cancellation. This is the original document.
3. Significant Changes. Not applicable.
4. Applicability. This Policy applies to our current and prospective Employees, Volunteers, others who hold themselves out to be working for, or in conjunction with, the Organization (our Representatives), and our Participants. This policy explains our practices for collecting, disclosing, and protecting the personal information of our donors received through our website, the phone, email, mail, and/or any other medium. By submitting information to PHWFF or to any of its staff or volunteers, you consent to the terms and conditions of this policy.
a. PHWFF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and does not collect information about them, other than as described below.
b. What constitutes personal information? “Donor personal information” is any information that identifies donors—such as their names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
c. PHWFF collects donor information in the following ways:
- PHWFF may collect donors’ names, mailing addresses and email addresses in response to inquiries from donors submitted on the website, in person, by phone or email.
- PHWFF may collect donors’ names, mailing addresses, email addresses and other contact information if they register for an event PHWFF organizes.
- PHWFF may collect donors’ names, email addresses, telephone numbers, information, and billing addresses when donors contribute on the PHWFF website, through social media or other applications, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
d. PHWFF uses donor information in the following ways:
- PHWFF may use donor personal information to analyze overall giving patterns, make more accurate budget projections, understand donors’ interests in our mission, and update donors on the organization’s plans and activities. This information is shared on a confidential and need-to-know basis with staff, board members, volunteers, and consultants of PHWFF.
- PHWFF will use donor personal information, when necessary, to comply with the law (such as Internal Revenue Service requirements), when acting in good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal processes required of PHWFF.
- PHWFF may also use donor personal information to protect and defend PHWFF rights.
- PHWFF may use donor personal information to act in urgent circumstances such as a security or medical emergency during donors’ international travel with PHWFF —to protect the personal safety of the donors and others.
- PHWFF will use donor personal information to protect against potential fraud. For example, PHWFF may verify with third parties the information collected while processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If a donor uses a credit or debit card on the PHWFF website, PHWFF may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that the card information and address matches the information that was supplied to PHWFF and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
e. Sharing Donor Personal Information and Protecting Donor Privacy:
- PHWFF will never rent, trade, or sell donors’ e-mail addresses with any other organization.
- PHWFF may on occasion share donors’ names and mailing addresses with its service providers who provide donor research services or mailing services while maintaining donor confidentiality.
- PHWFF does not otherwise disclose donor personal information to any third parties.
- PHWFF donors have the right to remain anonymous.
- PHWFF will strictly honor all donor requests for anonymity.
- PHWFF donors have the right, upon request, to promptly review any donor personal information that PHWFF has collected about them.
6. Opt-Out. Individual donors who prefer not to receive information from PHWFF may opt-out of specific or all correspondence with PHWFF at any time by contacting PHWFF at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to the address listed in paragraph eight below.
7. Policy Revision. PHWFF will periodically review and update this policy. PHWFF will prominently post the current version of this policy on its organizational website.
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc.
ATTN: Chief Development Officer
PO Box 695 LaPlata, MD 20646