The PHW Central Oregon Program was recently highlighted by their local news. During a trip to the Fall River, Veterans from the program were able to share their stories and the healing aspects of fly fishing. The program’s fly tying nights, and the rehabilitative climate cultivated by those evenings, were also put on display. As noted by program participant Randy Miller, the fly tying nights are a great way to build toward days on the water, even during the winter.
The testimonials noted in the story speak to the critical nature of the program’s (and on a wider national level, PHW’s) successes. And in addition to his poignant quote, Danny also managed to hook into and land a trout in the background of the video, mid-interview. It’s worth a watch!
“This is the closest thing I’ve experienced to ‘flow,’ I think, since combat.”USMC Veteran and PHW Participant Danny Leifer
- The Fly Fishing Film Tour is coming to the heart of the Chesapeake Bay
- PHW Fayetteville hit the Mitchell River for their First Overnight Outing
- PHW Central Oregon In The News: A Convergence of Fly Fishing and Healing
- Wrapping Up The 8th Annual Fly Tying Marathon
- Announcing: The Project Healing Waters Spotlight