On Thursday March 17, 2022, the Newington PHWFF Program held their monthly in-person meeting featuring volunteer veteran Ken Martin who presented Euro Nymphing Fly Fishing Basics with 25 veterans and volunteers in attendance at the American Legion Post 117 in Newington CT.
Ken’s presentation covered the entire gamut which included rod and reel options to leader-to-fly set up as well as how to identify where the fish are and how to approach and fish the water. Newington Program Lead Don LaChance commented, “this was one of the best attended events in quite some time and the interaction amongst the group was fantastic. Ken did an outstanding job explaining the fundamentals of euro nymphing from equipment to techniques that will improve the likelihood of success on the water.”
As an added bonus, longtime volunteer and veteran Hank Stefanowicz built and donated two 10’, 4 piece, 3wt rods for our veteran participants to use while on the water. Hank also leads the Newington Program’s rod building classes. Our thanks go out to Hank for his generous donation.
- The Fly Fishing Film Tour is coming to the heart of the Chesapeake Bay
- PHW Fayetteville hit the Mitchell River for their First Overnight Outing
- PHW Central Oregon In The News: A Convergence of Fly Fishing and Healing
- Wrapping Up The 8th Annual Fly Tying Marathon
- Announcing: The Project Healing Waters Spotlight