By Scott Harwood, Program Lead – PHWFF Wichita, Kansas
I am happy to announce that we successfully completed our first over-night outing last week with a 5 day trip to attend the SOWBUG ROUNDUP in Mountain Home, Arkansas! 4 participants and 2 mentors traveled to this annual event which focused around fly tying by some of the best names in the industry. Everyone had a chance to meet and talk to a variety of tiers and learned many different techniques to tie flies of all kinds. In our down time, we were able to try our hands fishing for trout in the local waters and everyone was successful in catching trout! We all had a great time!
Here are the pictures that captured the joy of the trip this year and is an inspiration to make this an annual trip each year for the Wichita program.
- The Fly Fishing Film Tour is coming to the heart of the Chesapeake Bay
- PHW Fayetteville hit the Mitchell River for their First Overnight Outing
- PHW Central Oregon In The News: A Convergence of Fly Fishing and Healing
- Wrapping Up The 8th Annual Fly Tying Marathon
- Announcing: The Project Healing Waters Spotlight