The Des Moines Program of Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. were finally able to shake off their year-long hiatus and head out to do some fly-fishing.
On June 29, two participants and four volunteers set out to the South Prairie Ridge Pond in Ankeny, Iowa in search of bass and bluegills.
At first, Sanders was worried about the weather as it had been very hot and then threatening rain. However, the stars aligned and the program enjoyed a beautiful evening on the pond.
“We have fished this pond previously and had success with bluegills and bass,” Sanders said. “This night was no exception with several bluegills and bass being caught and released.”
Sanders said the highlight was definitely seeing everyone’s faces in person and not through a video screen.
He would like to thank all of the participants and volunteers that attended for making it a special night.
“It was great to get back out on the water.”
- PHWFF Ohio Programs Meet for Annual Event at Castalia State Fish Hatchery
- Tips from Last Years Fly Rod Building Competition Winners!
- Tips from last years Fly-Tying Competition Winners!
- PHWFF Pittsburgh Gathers for 20 Yr Anniversary of September 11th
- Trooper Eric Workman Foundation Becomes First Sponsor for Eric Workman Memorial Musky Tournament