The Des Moines Program of Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. were finally able to shake off their year-long hiatus and head out to do some fly-fishing.
On June 29, two participants and four volunteers set out to the South Prairie Ridge Pond in Ankeny, Iowa in search of bass and bluegills.
At first, Sanders was worried about the weather as it had been very hot and then threatening rain. However, the stars aligned and the program enjoyed a beautiful evening on the pond.
“We have fished this pond previously and had success with bluegills and bass,” Sanders said. “This night was no exception with several bluegills and bass being caught and released.”
Sanders said the highlight was definitely seeing everyone’s faces in person and not through a video screen.
He would like to thank all of the participants and volunteers that attended for making it a special night.
“It was great to get back out on the water.”
- Veterans Enjoy a Great Time on the Lower Sacramento River
- PHWFF Martinez Veterans Visit the Serene Waters of Baum Lake
- Veteran Learns Fly Fishing Lessons Well
- Veterans Enjoy Perfect Weekend Camping at Arrowhead-Riverbend Ranch
- Winchester Healing Waters Vets Land Many “First Trout” at Leetown Hatchery