THANK YOU FOR VOTING!
The Public Judging Rounds are now closed.
The Public Voting Rounds in the 12th Annual PHWFF Fly Rod Building Competition are now closed! Our deepest thanks to all who voted and rallied around our talented veteran participants.
The Fly Rod Building Competition featured three (3) separate public judging rounds for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Categories for the public to cast votes and celebrate the tremendous fly rod building talents of our PHWFF veteran participants during these time periods.
- November 9 – 18: Public judging is now closed for Category 1 Beginner Fly Rods.
- November 23 – December 2: Public judging is now closed for the Category 2 Intermediate Fly Rods
- December 7 – 16: Public judging is now closed for the Category 3 Advanced Fly Rods.
During these time periods, individuals encouraged their friends, family and colleagues to vote by sharing their favorites with them on social media! Together we celebrated the tremendous talents of PHWFF veteran participants and the great work being done by PHWFF volunteers across the Nation.
Now in its 12th year, the National Fly Rod Building Competition focused on expanding the therapeutic experience for disabled veterans participating in PHWFF programs by giving them the experience of building their own fly rods to further their physical and mental rehabilitation through the sport of fly fishing. The program also has a fun competition component which gives participants the chance to win prizes for their rod building abilities.
- David Lipscomb Recognized for Extraordinary Leadership
- D. Brent Miller recognized with Exceptional Leadership Award
- May is National Military Appreciation Month
- Jim O’Brien Recognized with Phil Johnson Exceptional Leadership Award
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Begins Multiple Participant Outdoor Healing Gatherings